Geography is the study of earth, its atmosphere and human activity. It also includes other factors like population, distribution of population and pollution as these factors also effect the atmosphere.
Branches of Geography
This is the most important oldest and the major branch of geography. It deals the study natural characteristics on Earth, below Earth and other features surrounding it as well.
This Branch of Geography can be further subdivided into
• Biogeography: Study of Plants and Animal
• Water Resources Geography: Study of water management of a particular region.
• Climate Geography: Study of weather pattern.
• Geomorphology: Study of land form like Soil erosion.
• Lithology: Study of Rocks
• Oceanography: Study of oceans and related matters like tide, current, waves.
• Orology: Study of mountains.
• Potamology: Study of rivers.
This is one the main branch of Geography. It deals with study of Human race, its development into various races and the ideology that these races have developed. Study of this branch includes the background of different races, their perception and ideologies.
Following are the sub branches of Human Geography
Some important Geographical Terms are lisited below. These terms are important for CLAT MCQ Exam (Common Law Admission Test).
These online MCQ Mock tests and MCQ questions includes all main concepts of the chapter (Geography) in CLAT (Common Law Admission Test).